Friday, January 8, 2010

She's here

My new camera feels so good in my hands.

Unfortunately, I have to relearn everything. I don't know why Canon and Nikon have it in for each other so much. Sometimes I think they purposefully did things the exact opposite way out of spite.

For example, zooming a lens in on a Nikon would actually zoom the lens out on a Canon. The light meter is also in reverse. For a while I thought I had a faulty camera. Out of the box, all I could change was shutter speed. I resorted to taking the first photo with the camera in aperture priority mode. Oh, the shame...

I feel like a newborn. Can't do anything but cry, eat, crap, and sleep.

I was comfortable with my tricycle, but now I want to ride my nice shiny bicycle.

For the time being though, I am officially one of the people who annoy me the most: those who have nice gear they do not know how to fully use. You know, the kid with the most expensive basketball shoes that can't hit the side of a barn. The person with a performance vehicle that can't parallel park. The guy with professional golf clubs who can't hit the ball straight. You get my drift.

Anyway, I think I want to name my camera. I want to see what her disposition and personality is like first.

No comments:

Post a Comment