Thursday, January 7, 2010

Photographer's Creed

My Camera

This is my camera. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My camera is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life.

My camera, without me, is useless. Without my camera, I am useless.

I must fire my camera true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will....

My camera and myself know that what counts is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My camera is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my camera clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...


I'm not crazy. I do get really into things that I am passionate about though. = )

I recently watched a fascinating documentary on snipers, and I thought a lot of similarities could be drawn to photography.

One shot. One kill.

If I really want to grow as a photographer, I need to think of my camera as an extension of myself.

I am sitting at home waiting for my new camera body to arrive. Yet, I already know I love it. I guess this is what it feels like to be an expectant parent.

No, I'm not crazy.

Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment