Monday, January 18, 2010

First Outing

I shot a wedding as part of the team last night. Ultimately, I am not as interested in wedding photography like I am portrait or lifestyle work, but this is the opportunity that stands before me. And it is a good one. I want to seize it, and hopefully suck the marrow out of it.

It was a good experience, and I definitely left feeling challenged. I love that feeling. Occasionally feeling flustered is something I actually enjoy, which pretty much makes me a freak.

At some point I am going to start posting some more shots, mainly just to track my own progress. If I am not improving, I am essentially getting worse. That makes me want to get better each and every single day. There is always something I can work on. If I don't work on it, that is purely my loss.

The one thing about shooting events is that you need to find a nice comfortable pair of shoes. My feet hurt like hell after being on my feet for 10 hours.

I am glad that the team is fun. Life is so much more enjoyable when the people you work with are easy to get along with.

Like P. Diddy used to say when he was Puff Daddy, "Stay humble, stay low, blow like Hootie." It's very easy to stay humble when you're starting out, and I think remembering those early moments is a great way to stay that way.

With life and in photography, taking control of a situation is key. Of course you can't control everything, but being confident and taking charge of what is in your ability and realm to do so is crucial to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment